We are responsible for the security of your personal data, and it is important to us that you know what personal information we collect, why we do it, and what it means for you.
This document has been prepared following the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation, which applies after 25.05.2018 (GDPR) and which, together with the Personal Data Protection Act, will provide enhanced personal data protection. The basic principles of the new regulations are accountability and transparency to you for processing your personal data.
The document's purpose is to familiarize you with the most critical aspects of processing your personal data and the fundamental rights and obligations under the GDPR.
What information do we need?
In the process of providing our services, we collect information about you:
• Identification and contact information;
• In some cases, we may use your data although you are not our customer, e.g. if you are a beneficial owner or member of our client's management/supervisory body.
We do not process your personal data for automated individual decision-making, including profiling.
If you do not provide us with the necessary information, this may prevent us from providing you with the requested service or continuing to provide it to you.
How will we use this information?
We collect your data to fulfill our legal obligations, our contractual obligations, and our legitimate interest in the services we provide and to improve the services offered to you and our customers.
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties, but we may provide it to:
• courts and other competent authorities – following or as prescribed by law;
• providers of services necessary for the implementation of the activity carried out by us;
• any person you may authorize or who may be authorized pursuant to a contract between us.
• we require any organization to which we disclose your information or which may receive it on our behalf to ensure its confidentiality and process it following the Personal Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation.
How will we store your confidential information?
Your information will be stored in our secure CRM. We have systems and procedures to prevent unauthorized access, improper modification or disclosure, misuse, or loss of data.
How long do we store your data?
The storage time of your data depends on the legally established regulatory terms applicable to our activity.
Your rights under the General Regulation
According to the General Regulation, you can:
• request a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
• request that we correct factual inaccuracies in the information stored for you;
• objections to the processing of your personal data for legitimate interest;
• objections to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
• you want to delete your personal data, the processing of which does not meet the requirements of the regulatory framework;
• request information about the logic of any automated processing of your personal data.
• If you wish to exercise your rights as a subject of personal data, you can contact us at tezaweb/at/tezaweb.com
The current privacy and personal data protection policy can be found on our website at